Add a Fingerprint
The Fairphone 3(+) and 4 have a fingerprint sensor and you can use it to unlock your phone (and some apps, such as banking apps) without having to enter your screen lock every time. The sensor is located:
- In the power button of the Fairphone 4.
- On the back of the Fairphone 3(+).
Fingerprints, like all biometric data, are saved only on your phone and are encrypted. Your biometric data will not reach Google, Fairphone, or any other 3rd parties companies.
Add a fingerprint
You can find the written instructions under the video.
To add a fingerprint to your Fairphone, go to:
- Settings → Security → Fingerprint (enter your screen lock if requested).
- If this is the first fingerprint you're adding, read the introduction and tap on I agree.
- If this is not your first fingerprint, tap on + Add fingerprint.
- Follow the instructions on the screen. Make sure to move the position of your finger so that the sensor can scan different areas and angles of your fingertip.
- You must complete many successful scans to register the desired fingerprint properly. You will see the progress on the screen.
- Once finished, tap on the button Done.
You can add up to 5 fingerprints on your Fairphone.
If your Fairphone is having a hard time recognizing your fingertip, consult our article on how to troubleshoot your fingerprint sensor.
If after reading the article you need more help, contact our Customer Support.