Quick Start guide
Our Quick-Start manual helps you set up and run your Fairphone in no time. We included the essential functions of our operating system, based on AndroidTM. You can find a printed version in the original box of your Fairphone.
Next to that, the original Fairphone box will also contain a Health & Safety guide with recommendations and instructions for safe and healthy use of your device.
You can download both in PDF format at the bottom of the page.
Some general recommendations before you start:
- Charge both phones.
- Connect to a stable Wi-Fi network.
- Make sure you have a personal Google Account. If you don't, you will need to create your own Google account (Google business or school account will not work).
- Insert your SIM card. eSIM cards are downloadable after the phone set-up is done.
Getting a new physical SIM card could prevent unexpected issues. Contact your provider to get a new SIM card within your current contract and with the same phone number. They can also help you transfer your SIM card contacts, or you can import the contacts to your Google account so you always have a backup.
If you need extra guidance, want to dig into the technical details, or read up on the sustainability, we invite you to:
- Watch our video tutorials.
- Read our support articles.
- Use the troubleshooter.
- Explore our legal documents (T&C, warranty) in our legal hub - some are also available in:
- Consult the Android Help center.
- Reach out to other Fairphone users via the community forum.
- Browse our blog.
- Read our Impact report.
- Contact our friendly Customer Support!
If you do not have the paper Quick Start guide for your Fairphone 4 or Fairphone 3(+) anymore, or the Health & Safety leaflet, you can download it as a PDF file below.