How to setup my mobile data connection
Usually, your mobile data connection (3G/4G) works as soon as you insert your SIM card in your Fairphone and:
- the mobile data on your phone is toggled on (select Data connection under the pull-down menu and make sure it’s on);
- you have a pre-paid SIM card with data credit; or you have a valid contract with data credit;
If you confirm the above, but you are still not connected, follow the steps below:
Go to your providers website (or call them) and search for "mobile internet settings". You will find a page that lists the Android network settings for your mobile connections:
- APN (Access Point Name);
- MCC (Mobile Country Code);
- MNC (Mobile Network Code);
- Verification type;
- APN type;
It’s an overwhelming list words, but if you get all the information, you can make it work. After you've noted down all that info, go to:
- System Settings > More > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names.
- Now click on the "Settings" button, select New APN and fill in all the fields with the information you got from your provider.
If you still experience an issue after you have tried these troubleshoots, contact us!