How to setup my mobile data connection
Usually, your mobile data connection (3G/4G) works as soon as you insert your SIM card in your Fairphone and:
- the mobile data on your phone is toggled on (select Data connection under the pull-down menu and make sure it’s on)
- you have a pre-paid SIM card with data credit; or you have a valid contract with data credit
Keep in mind that your phone is only able to connect to one high speed (3G/4G) at a time so if you are using two sim cards, make sure to set to 4G the SIM card you are using for data in Settings → More → Cellular networks → Preferred networks. You will need to set the other SIM card to 2G.
If you are still not connected, follow the steps below:
- Go to your provider's website (or call them) and search for "mobile internet settings". You will find a page that lists the Android network settings for your mobile connections. All you have to do is make sure that the values given by your provider match with those on your Fairphone 2. These are:
- APN (Access Point Name)
- MCC (Mobile Country Code)
- MNC (Mobile Network Code)
- Verification type
- APN type
- Go to: System Settings → More → Mobile Networks → Access Point Names
- Now click on the button, select New APN and fill in all the fields with the information you got from your provider.
If you still experience an issue after you have tried these troubleshoots, contact us!