The Repair Process, what to expect?
When you experience troubles with your Fairphone 2, you can
- Consult the Support pages
- Walk through the troubleshooter to
- fix the issue yourself
- deduct what exactly the issue is
- provide our customer support team with all necessary information
- When your device is in warranty: contact Customer Support
- When your device is out of warranty: we recommend to consult the repair price list first.
Once you contacted Customer Support, your request will have a request number. We use this for a quick identification of you, your phones’ history and the contact history. Use your current request number each time you contact us. This prevents you having multiple requests open and extra waiting times.
During our contact, we will establish if a repair process is necessary. When it is, we will send you instructions.
- To start the process, you log in via the link to our Repair platform we send you. Beware, this platform is not accessible via mobile, only desktop.
- Register with an address where the pick-up during daytime hours of your device can happen. This can be a work address or any other convenient address for you.
- You finish this step with a request for a Return Merchandise Authorisation (RMA) number
- When the request is approved, Customer Support provides you with the RMA, shipping labels and shipping instructions
- Following these instructions, you arrange a pick up to send your phone to our repair centre. Use proper packaging and the label and address provided
- We notify you once the phone has arrived at the repair centre
- Our technicians at the Repair Centre assess your phone
- Our repair centre will notify you of the diagnosis:
- If something needs to be repaired
- What needs to be repaired
- If the repair is in or out of warranty
- When the repair is in warranty, we repair your phone, give it a software update (this will delete any data stored on your device) and send it back to you
- When the repair is out of warranty, we will send you a quote and invoice
. For details see our Repair costs and Repair FAQ. You choose one of these two options:
a) Pay Handling and Shipping costs and have the phone sent back unrepaired
b) Pay Repair, Handling and Shipping costs. As soon as we have received your payment, we start with the repair process.
- Once it's repaired, we test the device a last time and ship it back to you
- Do not send your phone or modules without a RMA provided by our Customer Support
- Do not send your phone to our office. Our repair centre is located elsewhere, so the process will take up more time.
If you need more information or have a repair request, contact us!