App Center for Orange France customers
Starting with the release of our August 2017 software update Fairphone OS 17.08.1, Orange France offers their Fairphone customers a special operator app called App Center.
This app's purpose is to facilitate curated apps from Orange, such as 'Orange et Moi', to their customers.
When/how will the app be enabled?
- App Center is installed but disabled by default on every Fairphone 2 device running Fairphone OS 17.08.1 or later;
- When an Orange France SIM-card is inserted into the device, one of two things can happen:
- If the phone is new or if you performed a factory reset, the app will be enabled for the main user* automatically;
- If the phone is updated from an older Fairphone OS version to Fairphone OS 17.08.1 (or later), a notification will pop up asking if the main user wants to enable the app or not.
Note: if you dismiss the notification it will pop up again until a choice has been made.
- The app can also be manually enabled by navigating to System Settings → Apps → App Center → Enable
*The main user - called "owner" on the device - is the only user impacted by the app. Any other profile (i.e. guest, etc.) will have the app "disabled until used" and no notification will be shown.
Is the app disabled when switching network provider?
Removing the Orange France SIM-card from the device will not disable the app automatically. If you switch network provider and want to disable the Orange app, you can do this manually; the app can be manually disabled by navigating to System Settings → Apps → App Center → Disable. Because the app is a system app, it cannot be uninstalled.
App Center will install the 'Orange et Moi' app on the device automatically. This is a feature of the app itself and Fairphone is not responsible for behavior and content of Orange applications.
In case you have any further questions about this matter, please feel free to contact our support team!