What do I need to provide with a support request?
Welcome to Fairphone Customer support!
Included in the purchase of your Fairphone device is our support service. However we hope you will not need to contact us for technical support, we know this might happen.
With some years of experience serving Fairphone customers, we want to share some knowledge with you to prevent unnecessary frustration. We have a blog post with great tips on how to prolong the life of your Fairphone 2 and also for some bizarre stories of Fairphone customers we’ve encountered.
So what can you expect from us?
- Troubleshooting - use it for a quick diagnostic and - potentially - a fix for your issue. This will save you and us time resulting in a faster resolution and prevents unnecessary frustrations
- Support articles - where we provide instructions and explanations on issues you may encounter, what to expect during several processes and general info on your phone
- Direct support via our support request system
- Repairs when needed.
We do not provide
- Insurance - keep in mind that a manufacturing warranty is not an insurance. To cover theft, loss, water - or fall damage, you need to insure your phone
- A Philips #00 screwdriver which you need to remove the modules from the core module. Please note, Philips is not a brand name, but a screw shape.
- A substitute phone. In case of repair, you’ll need to arrange that yourself. Maybe you can borrow a spare device from a friend or family member.
- Warranty extension: each product comes with a 24-month warranty (except for the FP2 lithium-ion batteries that have a 12 month warranty due to their limited usage time). A new module does not extend the warranty of the smartphone device with which it is compatible.
- Recommendations on third party products. The specifications can give you a preliminary insight on compatibility. If you need recommendations on downloadable software or compatible hardware, you can consult and participate in the FP community via the forum!
- The direct phone number of Fairphone employees. You can directly contact us on the following subjects:
- We do not sell parts nor repair devices in our headquarters office. You do need to create a support request to receive approval and repair instructions from us