How to change the language (Video Tutorial)
Which language for my phone?
- Go to your Home panel using the Home button (house shape)
- Press Settings button (two rounded rectangles)
- Choose System Settings
- Scroll to Personal where you will find Language & Input.
- Press Language and choose your language from the list.
Which languages are supported for text messaging (by SMS, WhatsApp, Viber, etc)?
Fairphone’s (Android-based) OS is compatible with many different screen keyboards. For example, SwiftKey supports a variety of different languages and keyboard configurations, but also the basic android keyboard has a long list of languanges.
- Go to System Settings → Language & Input
- Scroll down to “Android Keyboard (AOSP)"
- Click on Settings → Input languages
- Unclick “Use System Language”.
Now you can choose all the languages you normally use for writing to your friends and family.