How to boot your Fairphone 1 in Recovery Mode
Booting your phone in Recovery Mode is advised for experienced users. But these instructions should make it pretty easy to walk you through the process. If you follow the below steps properly, there should be no problem at all, even for the less experienced users!
Before performing this action, it is advised to make a backup of your phone.
NOTE: Before starting, disconnect all cables you may have connected to your Fairphone. Also, make sure your Fairphone is charged at least 80%.
Follow the instructions below:
1. Turn off your phone: Press and hold the top-right Power button.
2. Turn on your phone in recovery mode: Hold the Volume Up button, while at the same time press and hold the Power button. Hold these two buttons at the same time for about 10 seconds until the screen changes.
3. You will see a resting robot with an exclamation point.
4. You are now in Recovery Mode!
Recovery Mode tips:
1. Power button can be pressed/toggled to turn menu off and on.
2. Use Volume Down to navigate the menu. Pressing once will highlight one item at a time down the list, and will cycle through the list.
3. Use Volume Up to select the highlighted item on the menu.
4. If you need to return to a previous screen, use the Volume Down button to highlight "../" then press Volume Up to select it. This will return you to the previous screen and directory.