My internet connection (3G/4G) does not work.
When you can not connect to the internet, there are different options to test. Most often the settings are not correct.
- The mobile data on your phone is toggled On (select Data connection via the pull-down menu and make sure it’s on)
- You have a recent pre-paid SIM card with data credit (older than a year can cause issues)
- You have a valid contract with data credit
- You are in the EU.
If all this is in order and the issues persist, set up your data connection by hand.
Manual data connection set up
Go to the website of your provider or call them and search for mobile internet settings. You will find a page that lists the Android network settings for your mobile connections:
- APN (Access Point Name)
- MCC (Mobile Country Code)
- MNC (Mobile Network Code);
- Verification type
- APN type, etc.
It’s an overwhelming list of terms but with all this information you can make it work. After you noted down all that info, go to:
- System Settings → Wireless & Network Section for FP1(U) → More → Mobile Networks → Access Point Names
- Click on the Settings button, select New APN and fill in all the fields with the information you got from your provider.
If you still experience an issue after you have tried these troubleshoots, contact us!