My internet connection through my operator (3G/4G) does not work. Can I set it up manually?
You can’t connect to your provider’s mobile data even though:
- the mobile data on your phone is toggled on (select Data connection under the pull-down menu and make sure it’s on)
- you have a pre-paid SIM card with data credit
- or you have a valid contract with data credit
- you are not in a foreign country.
If this happens, then you might need to set up your data connection manually:
Go to your providers website (or call them) and search for "mobile internet settings". You will find a page that lists the Android network settings for your mobile connections:
- APN (Access Point Name)
- MCC (Mobile Country Code)
- MNC (Mobile Network Code);
- Verification type
- APN type, etc.
It’s an overwhelming list of terms, with all this information you can make it work. After you've noted down all that info, go to:
1) System Settings → Wireless & Network Section for FP1(U) → More → Mobile Networks → Access Point Names
2) Now click on the Settings button, select New APN and fill in all the fields with the information you got from your provider
If you still experience an issue after you have tried these troubleshoots, contact us!