How to reinstall the app store
When you have performed an update of the Fairphone OS, you need to reinstall the app store. You do this the same way as you did when you received the Fairphone 1(U) when it was brand new.
- Make sure you connect your device to a Wi-Fi before you start
- When you have installed an alternative launcher (for example Google Now Launcher), you have to uninstall this launcher before you continue .
- These instructions are for Fairphone OS version 1.8.7 (Kola Nut). If you use an older version, please upgrade to this latest version first
- You will not see the Google App Store when you have denied Superuser Access while installing the Fairphone OS. Allow Superuser access first in this case.
Here is how to reinstall the app store widget:
- Find and open the Google Apps Installer widget
- Tap on the start screen, anywhere where there is no icon
- Or tap the Settings button (bottom left on the screen)
- Tap the Widgets icon. All your Fairphone widgets show here. Scroll to the right for the Google Apps Installer widget
- Tab and hold the Google Apps Installer widget icon to drag it to your homescreen. Tap the widget to start the download. When the icon and text of the widget are in grey, try to activate the widget
- When the download is successful, the Fairphone asks for Superuser Access.
- Click the OK button
- Select the option Remember my choice forever
- Click Allow to grant access
- Your device will reboot
After the reboot the Google Apps Store is reinstalled.