How to reinstall the app store
Every time you update Fairphone OS on your Fairphone 1, you need to reinstall the app store. The procedure is the same you followed when you first received the Fairphone 1.
- Make sure you connect your device to a Wi-Fi before you start
- If you have installed an alternative launcher (for example Google Now Launcher), you have to uninstall this launcher before you continue .
- These instructions are for Fairphone 1 OS version 1.8.7 (Kola Nut). If you use an older version, please upgrade to this latest version first
- You will not see the Google App Store when you have denied Superuser Access while installing the Fairphone OS. Allow Superuser access first in this case.
Here is how to reinstall the app store widget:
- Find and open the Google Apps Installer widget
- Tap on the start screen, anywhere where there is no icon
- Or tap the Settings button (bottom left on the screen)
- Tap the Widgets icon. All your Fairphone widgets show here. Scroll to the right for the Google Apps Installer widget
- Tab and hold the Google Apps Installer widget icon and drag it to your home screen. Tap the widget to start the download. When the icon and text of the widget are in grey, try to activate the widget
- When the download is successful, the Fairphone asks for Superuser Access.
- Click the OK button
- Select Remember my choice forever
- Click Allow to grant access
- Your device will reboot
After the reboot, the Google Apps Store is reinstalled.