Check what FP1 software version you have installed
The latest software update available for the Fairphone 1 is Kola Nut 1.8.7 (released in August 2015).
Connect to a Wi-Fi network and have the battery charged to at least 80%.
You can update your Fairphone 1 through the built-in Fairphone Updater app:
- Go to ‘All Apps' from the Quick Access (Edge Swipe) side menu
- Open the ‘Fairphone Updater’ app
- To update to Kola Nut 1.8.7 press the button ‘Install new version’. Connected to a Wi-Fi network and that the battery is charged.
If you encounter issues with updating, consult our support article on troubleshooting the update process.
Software update Kola Nut 1.8.7 addresses the following:
- German and Danish roaming fixes
- Fix for multi-touch issue on Mozilla reported by ralf-xda
- Security fixes: CVE-2015-3864, CVE-2015-1538, CVE-2015-1539, CVE-2015-3832, CVE-2015-3824, CVE-2015-3827 and CVE-2015-3829 (collectively referred to as the Stagefright bug)
- Other security fixes: CVE-2015-0973 and CVE-2015-3636