‘Resting’ Android robot (No Command) on boot up
This article explains how to deal with a ‘resting’ green Android robot on your Fairphone 1.
The ‘resting’ Android robot shows when Superuser access was canceled or denied during the installation process of:
- the app store (Google Apps Installer widget)
- a Fairphone OS software update
Before you start:
- Disconnect all cables you may have connected to your Fairphone
- Make sure your Fairphone is charged to at least 80%.
Android Recovery Mode
To enter the Android Recovery Mode:
- Press the Power button once. A menu will appear
- Press and use the Volume-down button to navigate down to Apply update from SD Card
- Once this option is highlighted in blue, select this option: press the Volume-up button
- Use the Volume-down button to navigate down to updater. Select with the Volume-up button
- Use the Volume-down button to highlight fp_update_OTA[version number].zip and select with Volume-up button
- The installation starts
- Once the installation is complete you will see the message Install from sd-card complete
- Now you can reboot your phone. Reboot system now should be highlighted in blue. Press the Volume-up button to select it.
Your Fairphone 1 should start normally. After the update is finished, remember to download and reinstall the app store.