‘Resting’ Android robot (No Command) on boot up
This article explains how to deal with a ‘resting’ green Android robot on your Fairphone 1.
The ‘resting’ Android robot shows when Superuser access has been cancelled/denied during the installation process of:
- the app store (Google Apps Installer widget)
- a Fairphone OS software update
In both these cases, you will need to enter Android Recovery Mode and manually finish installation.
The ‘resting’ robot is actually the Recovery Mode of the Fairphone 1.
Please note: Before starting this step, disconnect all cables you may have connected to your Fairphone. Also, make sure your Fairphone is charged to at least 80%.
- Press the Power button once. A menu will appear
- Press and use the volume-down button to navigate down to "apply update from SD Card"
- Once this option is highlighted in blue, select this option by pressing the volume-up button
- Use the volume-down button to navigate down to "updater". Select with the volume-up button
- Use volume-down button to highlight "fp_update_OTA[version number].zip" and select with volume-up button
- Installation will take place
- Once installation is complete you will see the message "Install from sd-card complete."
- Now you can reboot your phone. "Reboot system now" should be highlighted in blue. Press volume-up button to select it.
Your Fairphone 1 should start normally. After the update is finished, remember to download and reinstall the app store.