Cannot get the latest software update, what's wrong?
If you have issues getting the latest software on your Fairphone 1, below are some general tips.
- Make sure you are connected to a Wi-Fi network;
- Confirm that you need an update by checking which version of Fairphone OS you have installed. The latest version on the Fairphone 1 is Kola Nut 1.8.7 (released August 2015);
- The Fairphone Updater app checks automatically for updates. If you want to ‘force’ the update, you can go to:
Settings → Apps → Fairphone Updater → Clear data (see the image below);
- Then close the running Fairphone Updater app in the background and re-launch the Fairphone Updater app;
- Reinstall the app store after the software update has been installed.