How do I perform a "Clear Cache" of apps?
A cache is temporary stored information which an app needs to function. Erasing these data is a first step in solving issues with apps.
Good to know: clearing the cache does not erase user information such as pictures.
We explain how to clear the cache of one app and how to clear the cache of all apps at once.
Clear Cache of one app
To clear the cache of a specific app do the following:
- Tap the icon All Apps:
- Long press the app of your choice
- Drag to the top of the screen where it says App info
- Tap the button Clear cache
- Reboot the phone
Clear cache of all apps
To clear the cache of all apps do the following:
1. Go to Settings (via the pull-down menu on top → Icon with the person → Tuning switches)
2. Choose Storage
3. Scroll to Cached data
4. Tap Cached data
5. In the pop-up Clear cached data?, click OK
6. Reboot the phone