Shipping countries for Fairphone products (Europe only)
Currently, we only deliver products to countries within the European continent. Warranty-related help is strictly covered to and from the following European continental countries:
France Métropolitaine (excluding overseas)
The Netherlands (excluding Bonaire, Saba, St. Eustatius)
Portugal (excluding Azores and Madeira)
Spain (excluding Canary Islands, Ceuta and Melilla)
UK (excluding the Channel islands)
If your country is not listed:
- We do not ship to your country.
- The country can not be used for the billing address due to anti-money-laundering legislature.
- Often, you can also not use a credit card from a non-listed country due to the same anti-money-laundering legislation.
Carbon neutral shipping
We offer UPS Standard delivery with carbon-neutral shipping. We offset the carbon emissions associated with the transportation of your order so your Fairphone product is shipped sustainably.
Online shop settings
When you order, use the right country settings in our online shop. Select the shipping country and the accompanying official languages (menu on top right). This is specifically important for orders shipping to the UK, Norway, Sweden and Switzerland. If you don't adjust the shop settings, your shipping country might not show:
- UK settings.
- Sweden settings.
- Switzerland settings can be in German, French or English.
- Norway settings.
Shipping outside of continental Europe
At the moment, our webshop ships only to the EU, the UK, Norway, and Switzerland as listed above. We do not ship to any country not mentioned in this list.
As an Amsterdam-based organization, we wanted to launch the Fairphone products in Europe and planned to expand at a later point. The time has come and the question now is: "How fast can we make this happen?". We have already established some partnerships and we hope to expand even further. You can read more about this in the section below.
Stand-alone lithium-ion batteries are NOT allowed to be re-shipped by customers as strict regulations apply for air travel and postal services.
Some of our authorized resellers ship to more places: Vireo (worldwide), Murena (USA), and Palcom (Taiwan). Be aware that our warranties and sales conditions do not apply for these devices. The warranties and sales conditions of the sales partners apply. Read them carefully before you make a purchase.
If you purchase from them, or import a Fairphone yourself, consider:
- For independent im-/export: if you want to claim manufacturing warranty or commercial warranty, you will still need an address available that is located in one of the listed territories above for after-sales returns, like repairs covered by warranty. Note that any costs involved are not covered by the manufacturing (or extended commercial) warranty.
- Note that standalone lithium-ion batteries can not be shipped by persons as they are dangerous goods and thus are subject to transport restrictions. This means your European address contact can not simply ship a battery to you, or bring it on an airplane. We can not provide the required certifications to persons as we currently do not have the resources for these logistic and legal investments.
- Some sales partners that sell and ship outside of Europe also take care of the after-sales service. Consult the terms and conditions of sale of that sales partner and contact them for your after-sales support needs.
- Some countries require a SIM registration, or homologar procedure, after using an imported phone for longer than a month. As we do not ship and sell to those countries, we don't apply to these regulations as we currently do not have the resources for these logistic and legal investments. This means that your Fairphone will then not have the required certification. Research what is applicable to your situation.
- Some providers also restrict international SIM card use - especially on pre-paid plans. Check with your provider what the terms and conditions are for international use.
- You can not register your Fairphone 4 for the commercial Extended Warranty.
For connectivity outside Europe, see:
If you want to know more about when we will sell to other countries than the ones listed above and why we do not at this moment, watch our 1st episode of Ask the experts: