Shipping Countries for Fairphone Products (Europe Only)
We deliver to a number of countries across the whole of the European continent.
Below you find a list of the countries where you can order a Fairphone product and receive warranty-related help.
|Austria||Hungary||Portugal (excluding Azores and Madeira)|
|Denmark||Lithuania||Spain (excluding the Canary Islands, Ceuta, and Melilla)|
|France Métropolitaine (excluding overseas)||The Netherlands (excluding Bonaire, Saba, St. Eustatius)||UK (excluding the Channel islands)|
If you live in one of the above countries, you can place an order on our webshop. Please note that local taxes and costs may apply. Thanks for considering a Fairphone product!
If your country is not listed:
- We do not ship to your country.
- The country can not be used for the billing address (due to anti-money-laundering legislature).
- Often, you can also not use a credit card from a non-listed country (due to the same anti-money-laundering legislation).
Carbon neutral shipping
We offer UPS Standard delivery with carbon-neutral shipping. We offset the carbon emissions associated with the transportation of your order so your Fairphone product is shipped sustainably.
Online shop settings
To get the correct options for tax and shipping, select the applicable country settings in our online shop. Choose the shipping country and your preferred language (menu on top right). This is specifically important for orders shipping to the UK, Norway, Sweden, and Switzerland. If your shipping country does not show, click the applicable link below:
- UK settings.
- Sweden settings.
- Switzerland settings can be in German, French or English.
- Norway settings.
Shipping outside of continental Europe
At the moment, we ship to the continental regions of most EU countries, the UK, Norway, and Switzerland, as listed above.
Lithium-Ion batteries are bound to shipping restrictions, so we are unable to transport them via air freight. Which in turn limits us from certain island destinations. Avoiding air freight entirely for our European deliveries aligns also with our mission of reducing carbon impact.
As an Amsterdam-based organization, we launch the Fairphone products in Europe and plan to expand at a later point. We have already established some partnerships and we hope to expand even further. You can read more about this in the following section.
Stand-alone lithium-ion batteries can NOT be re-shipped by customers as strict regulations apply for air travel and postal services.
Some of our authorized resellers ship to more places: Vireo (worldwide), Murena (USA), and Palcom (Taiwan). Be aware that our warranties and sales conditions do NOT apply for these devices. The warranties and sales conditions of the sales partners apply. Read them carefully before you make a purchase.
If you purchase from them, or import a Fairphone yourself, consider:
- For independent import/export: if you want to claim manufacturing warranty or commercial warranty, you will still need an address that is located in one of the listed territories above. We will use that European address for after-sales returns such as repairs covered by warranty. Please note that any costs involved are your responsibility as they are not covered by the manufacturing (or extended commercial) warranty.
- Note that standalone lithium-ion batteries can not be shipped by persons as they are dangerous goods and thus are subject to transport restrictions. This means your European address contact can not simply ship a battery to you, or bring it on an airplane. We can not provide the required certifications to persons as we currently do not have the resources for these logistic and legal investments.
- Some sales partners that sell and ship outside of Europe also take care of the after-sales service. Consult the terms and conditions of sale of that sales partner and contact them for your after-sales support needs.
- Some countries require a SIM registration, or homologar procedure, after using an imported phone for longer than a month. As we do not ship and sell to those countries, we don't apply to these regulations as we currently do not have the resources for these logistic and legal investments. This means that your Fairphone will then not have the required certification and will not be able to use data networks after a certain amount of time. Please research what is applicable to your situation.
- Some providers also restrict international SIM card use - especially on pre-paid plans. Check with your provider what the terms and conditions are for international use.
- You can not register your Fairphone 4 for the commercial Extended Warranty.
For connectivity outside Europe, see here:
If you want to know more about when we will sell to other countries than the ones listed above and why we do not at this moment, watch our 1st episode of Ask the experts: