Where do you sell and ship Fairphone products to?
Currently, we only deliver products to countries within the European continent. Warranty-related help is strictly covered to and from the following European continental countries:
If you live in one of the above countries, you can order Fairphone products.
Read more on local taxes and costs.
Carbon neutral shipping
We offer UPS Standard delivery with carbon neutral shipping. We offset the carbon emissions associated with the transportation of your order so your Fairphone product is shipped sustainably.
Online shop settings
When you order, use the right country settings in our online shop. Please select the shipping country and the accompanying official languages (menu on top right). This is specifically important for orders shipping to the UK, Norway, Sweden and Switzerland. If you don't adjust the shop settings, your shipping country might not show:
- UK settings
- Sweden settings
- Switzerland settings can be in German, French or English
- Norway settings.
No shipping outside of continental Europe
At the moment, we ship to all countries of the EU, the UK, Norway, and Switzerland as listed above. We do not ship to any country not mentioned in this list.
We do not sell or ship Fairphone products outside of Europe at the moment... yet. The good news is, we plan to start delivering to a selection of countries outside of the mentioned European countries. The question at the moment is, how fast can we make this happen?
As an Amsterdam-based organisation, we wanted to launch the Fairphone products in Europe. For the coming time, we will continue to focus our sales efforts on this region. At the same time, we are researching the market and logistic possibilities to sell outside of Europe.
Due to complicated logistics, high costs and different VAT regulations, we do not ship to:
- Non-EU VAT territories
- Overseas countries, regions, islands and territories affiliated with the listed countries (OMT/DOM and OCT/TOM)
- Russia, or any member of the Russian Federation
- Non-European countries.
If you are located outside one of the listed countries we ship to, and you need Fairphone products or after-sales returns, you must have an address available that is located in one of the listed territories.
With that mainland address, you will have to organise the follow-up logistics yourself: any costs involved are not covered by the manufacturing warranty.
Some of our sales partners deliver to countries not listed above. If you purchase from them, or import a Fairphone yourself, please consider:
- You will still need an address available that is located in one of the listed territories for after-sales returns, like repairs covered by warranty.
- Do also realise that standalone lithium-ion batteries can not be shipped by persons as they are dangerous goods and thus are subject to transport restrictions. This means your European address contact can not simply ship a battery to you, or bring it on an aeroplane. We can not provide the required certifications to persons as we currently do not have the resources for these logistic and legal investments.
- Some countries require a SIM registration, or homologar procedure, after using an imported phone for longer than a month. As we do not ship and sell to those countries, we don't apply to these regulations as we currently do not have the resources for these logistic and legal investments. This means and your Fairphone will then not have the required certification. Please research what is applicable to your situation.
- Some providers also restrict international SIM card use - especially on pre-paid plans. Check with your provider what the terms and conditions are for international use.
For connectivity outside Europe, see:
- Connectivity of FP3/FP3+ outside of Europe
- Will the Fairphone 2 work outside of Europe?
- Fairphone 2 (A9). Coverage outside of Europe
- FP4. Global network coverage.
IMPORTANT: Stand-alone lithium-ion batteries are NOT allowed to be re-shipped by customers as strict regulations apply for air travel and postal services.
If you want to know more about when we will sell to other countries than the ones listed above and why we do not at this moment, please watch our 1st episode of Ask the experts: