My widget stays grey
Sometimes one of your widgets stays grey. For instance when you want to reinstall the Google Apps Installer widget after a successful update.
Make sure you connect the Fairphone 1 to a Wi-Fi network and follow the steps below.
- Reboot your phone, and see if the widget is still grey. If not, you are able to select it, for example to reinstall the app store
- When step 1 doesn't work,
- Go to Settings → Apps → scroll right to column "All"
- Scroll down until you see "Fairphone OS". Select "Fairphone Updater". In older OS versions it is called Fairphone OS - please update to the latest version in this case.
- Tab the button "Clear data". This will erase all your app shortcuts on the homescreen. No worries, you can add these back later
- Place the widget back on the homescreen.
Now the (Google Apps Installer) widget on your homescreen should not be grey anymore. Happy installing!