Delivery damage to my parcel and/or Fairphone product.
If your parcel arrived but you see damages on the outside or inside, act quick. Also in case you do not see any damages, we recommend to unpack your delivery as soon as possible and check if the product is working.
When the carton of the packaging feels moist, is repackaged, has footprints on it or shows dents, you can refuse the delivery. It will ship back to us and we ship you a new order.
If you accepted the delivery
- Check the packaging:
- Check the content of the packaging: if something appears damaged or is missing:
- Take pictures
- Notify us as soon as possible.
It is possible that all seemed well but you encounter some issues that could or could not be related to the transportation of your product.
To make sure the issues are not related to transportation:
- Charge the battery for over an hour. Sometimes the battery is empty upon arrival
- Take the display module off and put it back on again
- Batteries are often sent separately from other items of an order due to shipping regulations
- Check our other troubleshoot pages to exclude any other issues (see also point 5 below).
All Fairphone products we deliver to our customers go through an extensive process of quality control checks. Even then it can still happen that you receive a product that does not function well.
In the world of complex tech devices, this is - unfortunately - an inevitable occurrence. There is even an eery name for it: Dead On Arrival (DOA).
When you happen to be so unlucky to receive a DOA product: our apologies for the inconvenience.
In case this concerns a spare part or accessory, contact us.
When you have a DOA phone: we have a process in place to make sure that you will get a replacement phone as soon as possible.
- Contact us as soon as possible and within 30 days upon delivery of your product
- Customer support provides further instructions to send your Fairphone back to our distribution center in the Netherlands
- When we receive your phone we will give it a quick inspection - with priority
- If your phone has a manufacturing defect, we will send you a replacement product immediately
- If the phone is not functioning because of user induced damage or 30 days have passed since delivery, different rules apply. In this case, you can have your Fairphone sent to our repair centre. Or have it sent back to you after paying a fee for handling & shipping.
Need more help? Contact our support team!