My Fairphone 2 appears broken upon delivery. What now?
First, let’s troubleshoot:
- Check the outer packaging. If it was damaged when you received it, make pictures of this. Notify your carrier immediately -preferably within 24 hours- and let us know too
- Charge the battery for an hour, in some cases the battery is empty upon arrival
- Take the display module off and put it back on again
- Check our other troubleshoot pages to exclude any other issues (see also point 5 below)
All Fairphone 2 devices we deliver to our customers go through an extensive process of quality control checks. Even then it can still happen that you receive a Fairphone 2 which is not functioning well.
In the world of complex tech devices it is unfortunately an inevitable occurrence. There is even an eery name for it: Dead On Arrival (DOA).
When you happen to be so unlucky to have received a DOA-phone: our apologies for the inconvenience.
But do not despair! We have a process in place to make sure that you will get a replacement phone as soon as possible.
- Get in touch with our friendly support team so they can guide you through the process
- Customer support gives you instructions to send your Fairphone 2 back to our distribution centre in the Netherlands
- When we receive your phone we will give it a quick inspection - with priority
- If your phone has a manufacturing defect, we will make sure to send you a new Fairphone 2 immediately
- If the phone is not functioning because of user induced damage or 30 days have passed since delivery, different rules apply. In this case, you can have your Fairphone 2 sent to our repair centre. Or have it sent back to you after paying a fee for handling & shipping.
Need more help? Contact our support team!