Do I have SIM card issues?
If you encounter any of the issues listed below then you might have a SIM card that is not working properly anymore.
- Calls being interrupted, or messages delayed
- Pin code requested without rebooting the phone
- Sound quality decreasing
- Battery life reduced
- Phone getting warm
- SIM card contacts show only a phone number, no names
- Sudden airplane mode.
Find out if the SIM card is the cause of your issues:
- Check if the SIM card has any issues in Settings → Maintenance →Checkup →Mobile Connectivity
- Use Safe mode, without the SIM card inserted.
- Do a Factory reset. This will delete your data, so please make a backup. If the phone works fine before you place the SIM card back, but the issues show again after inserting the SIM card, you'll need to contact your provider!
- When you have a SIM card older than a year, we recommend to get a new SIM card from your provider.
- If you use a SIM card adapter, please request a new SIM card with your provider of the proper size (FP1: Mini-SIM card, FP2: Micro SIM card). Do not put an empty adapter back in the SIM port since it can get stuck.
SIM contacts do not show
If your SIM card contacts show only a phone number without no names:
- Remove your SIM card and place it back in the device
- Get a new SIM card.
We do not recommend to save your contacts on your SIM card. To export your contacts somewhere else please follow the instructions below:
- Open the Contacts app
- Select Import/Export
- Select Import from SIM card
- Select your contacts and tap on"OK".