Fairphone 2 OS Downloads
If an automatic update does not work, you can install an update manually. Download one of these most recent versions of the Fairphone OS for the Fairphone 2 to do this. These files are sorted by Android version.
To use any of the files listed:
- Follow the manual installation instructions.
- Refer to the README file included in each .zip archive.
Need information for Fairphone Open? Go to code.fairphone.com.
When you want to update your phone to the latest version of Fairphone OS, try the built-in Fairphone Updater app first.
If you want to downgrade to the earlier version of Android than the one you currently use, a Factory reset is necessary. This means you need to make a backup.
We only maintain the most recent version of Fairphone OS. If you downgrade, we can not offer you support with any bug you might encounter.
The Android upgrade cannot install on encrypted devices with secure start-up enabled.
Disable secure start-up first:
- Go to the security settings.
- Re-enter your current screen lock, but leave secure start-up disabled. You can re-enable it after you are done installing the update.
We only list the last updates of each version, as they have the most recent security patches and fixes for that version.
Android 10 files:
- Fairphone 2 - Binary images of Fairphone OS 23.02.0-rel.0 (~1060MB)
Android 9 files:
- Fairphone 2 - Binary images of Fairphone OS 21.12.0-rel.1 (~973MB)
Android 7.1 files:
- Fairphone 2 - Binary images of Fairphone OS 19.11.2 (~816MB)
- Fairphone 2 - Binary images of Fairphone OS 18.04.1 (~650MB)
- Fairphone 2 - Binary images of Fairphone OS 1.13.0 (~600MB)