FP2. Swollen lithium-ion battery
Every lithium-ion battery has a limited life. Your battery has reached the end of its life if:
- is not charging well or has an erratic battery behavior.
- has a poor battery life but you have tried everything and you have excluded the SIM card.
- has expanded in size. By feel, look, or when it causes the back cover to pop off or bulge. Do the spin test (see below).
- is over a year old.
If you suspect your battery is swelling, do the battery spin test. When your battery spins more than two rounds, it is swelling.
When your battery is swelling:
- Immediately turn off your device and remove the battery from your Fairphone.
- Do not charge this battery anymore.
- Discard the swelling battery as soon as possible at your local chemical recycling point. Consult the web pages of your municipality for the possibilities.
We have designed the Fairphone 2 with a modular architecture, so your battery is easy to replace. You can order a new battery via our online store.