Fairphone 2 (A9). Manage the Home Screen
Do you want to personalize your Fairphone 2 to have your favorite apps and widgets available one finger tap away? Then you are in the right place! We have all the instructions here to guide you to add, re-arrange, delete, and uninstall your apps and widgets.
To know how to install, or permanently remove apps from your device scroll to the bottom of the article
Add a shortcut to the home screen
To add an app shortcut on the home screen of your Fairphone:
- Open the All Apps menu by swiping up from the bottom of the screen
- Find the app you want to add
- Tap and hold the app icon. A customization menu will shows. Please, ignore it and keep holding your finger down
- Start dragging the app icon and you'll end up on the home page. If you drag it onto the side of the screen, you will access a different panel
- Release your finger from the icon to place the shortcut in that spot
Add a widget to the home screen
To add a widget on the home screen of your Fairphone:
- Tap and hold an empty spot on any panel
- Tap the Widgets icon on the menu that appears
- Scroll down until to select a widget
- Tap and hold the desired widget. A miniature version of your home screen panel appears. Keep holding your finger down
- Drag the icon to the desired location onto the panel. If you drag it onto the side of the screen, you will access a different panel
- Release your finger from the icon to place the widget at that spot.
Re-arrange the apps and widgets on your screen
That's easy! Tap and hold on to the items to move them around. On the home screen panels, you can also group apps into folders by dropping their icons on top of the others!
Remove an app shortcut or a widget
To remove a shortcut or a widget from your home panels:
- Hold and drag the icon with one finger
- Drag it to the writing at the top of the screen saying "X Remove" that shows at the top left of the screen
This only removes the shortcut from your home panel. You can still find it inside the All Apps bar
Is it possible to remove the Google search bar widget?
The Google search bar widget is an integral part of the default launcher installed on your Fairphone and cannot be removed.
... and yes!
If you don't like our choice of the launcher for your Fairphone, feel free to change it! Just browsing the internet you will find plenty of 3rd party launchers to choose the best Android launcher to suit your needs. Additionally, you could also go to our forum and seek the help of our amazing community.
- IMPORTANT -
We do not offer support for 3rd party launchers. In case you need support for a different launcher, you will have to contact directly the developer. Alternatively, you could reboot your Fairphone 2 in safe mode and revert to the original launcher by removing any 3rd party launcher
(Un)Installing an app
To add new apps, or remove them permanently, check the article Fairphone 2. Managing apps
You are now ready to customize your home screen in any way you see fit. Enjoy!