Manually update the (Fairphone) Updater App
The Fairphone Updater app should always be up to date. This way you can receive our notifications when a new software update is ready to be installed on your Fairphone 2.
If you are a Google apps user can get the update of your app though the Google Play store. Otherwise you can update it manually:
- On your Fairphone 2 go to Settings > Security and enable Unknown sources
- Open your browser and download Updater-1.39.16.apk from https://frphn.co/android7updater (give your browser permissions if necessary)
- Open the downloaded file:
- by pressing on the notification about the completed download or
- by opening the Downloads app and pressing on the entry of Updater-1.39.16.apk
- Press the Install button
- Optionally accept or decline the Google security check
- You will see a screen saying that Fairphone Updater has been installed
- Go to Settings > Security and disable Unknown sources again.
If you’re unable to complete the process described above, please contact our support team.