FP2. Manually update the "Updater" app
The Fairphone Updater app should always be up to date. You will, in that case, receive notifications when a new software update is ready to be installed on your Fairphone 2.
If you are a Google apps user, you can get the update through the Google Play store. Otherwise, you can update it manually.
To update the Updater app by hand:
- Remove your SD cards and SIM cards from their slots. You can insert them when you have completed the procedure.
- On your Fairphone 2 go to Settings → Security and enable Unknown sources
- Download the Updater app (APK file) from this link (give your browser permissions if necessary)
- Open the downloaded file:
- by pressing on the notification about the completed download or
- by opening the Downloads app and opening the APK file.
- Press Install button
- Optionally accept or decline the Google security check
- You will see a screen saying that Fairphone Updater has been installed
- Go to Settings → Security and disable Unknown sources.
If you’re unable to complete the process described above, please contact our support team.