Set up e-mail on your FP3
To have quick access to your emails, you can set up your e-mail on your Fairphone 3. Apart from default Gmail, there are two methods to have access to all your emails.
When you set up an account with Google, you automatically have a Gmail address. During setup of the FP3, you log in to your Google account. Once the account is enabled on your FP3, you also have access to your Gmail account. To access Gmail:
- On the Home page, tap on the Google app group
- Press the Gmail icon
- Follow the setup guidelines. You can even add other email addresses.
- You can also add the other email addresses at a later time via the Settings (hamburger menu on the top left) when you open the app. Scroll all the way down to find them.
Download the app of your preferred mail service in the App Store first. Then, start with the setup:
- Tap the app icon
- Log in with your mail account
- Adjust the settings to your preference.
You can also set up your e-mail account via the System Settings.
To do this:
- Swipe up the All apps bar on your Home screen
- Tap the Settings icon
- Scroll down to Accounts and tap it
- Tap + Add an account
- Select which account you want to add: Personal (IMAP) or Personal (POP3), depending on the email account
- Follow the setup instructions: enter your Username and Password
- Then, fill in the rest of the requested information. This information you can get from your domain provider. For example: @gmail.com would mean Google has your server details. If you are not sure, go to your mail client application on your computer (like Outlook or Mail), and under Preferences/Accounts, you should be able to find the requested information. Contact your email provider if you have any doubts about the settings.