Setup the Wi-Fi connection
There are two Wi-Fi protocols: WPA and WPS. They require different ways to set up your Wi-Fi connection.
To set up your Wi-Fi connection via WPA:
- Open the pull-down menu and make sure your Wi-Fi is on: the icon should be green
- Press and hold the icon to open the Wi-Fi settings
- Choose a network connection from the list
- If the network is password-protected, a pop-up will ask you to enter the password.
- If you do not know the password, you will need to ask the network administrator
- If you receive an Authentication error, you may have entered the wrong password or it may have changed recently.
- Select the network and push the button Forget to start anew.
- Restart your modem/router and try to reconnect with the correct password
- If the issue persists, Select the network and open Advanced options to set up or edit (click on the pencil icon) your Proxy Settings, IP Settings, Gateway or DNS server.
The most straightforward way to connect with a WiFi network is to use a function named Wireless Protected Setup (WPS), available on most routers.
To set up your Wi-Fi connection via WPS:
- On your phone, go to Settings → Wifi → tap on the 3-dots menu → Advanced → WPS push button
- The phone will show the icon of two arrows and search for your router
- On your router, find the WPS button to temporarily activate the connection mode. You may need to hold the button for a couple of seconds on some routers.
The phone should automatically connect to your route and save the connection.
Want to set up a Wi-Fi hotspot?
In Settings, go to Networks & Internet, then Hotspot & tethering and then toggle the switch to On for Wi-Fi Hotspot.
If an issue persists after you tried these steps, don’t hesitate to contact our support team.