Take a screenshot (FP3)
With the Fairphone 3, there are two ways to make a screenshot. You can choose the new, quick feature or opt for the method you might remember from previous Android versions where you do not have to touch the screen.
Your screenshots are saved on the internal memory of the phone and are accessible in three ways.
Make a screenshot
Quick and new
To quickly make a screenshot:
- Press and hold the Power button
- Three options show: Power Off, Restart and Screenshot
- Tap Screenshot to make the screenshot
- A sound notification - unless your phone is silenced - and a screen flash confirms that you successfully made the screenshot!
To make a screenshot without tapping the screen:
- Hold your phone with both hands
- Press and hold the Volume down button and Power button at the same time
- Press until you hear a sound notification - unless your phone is silenced - and the screen flashes.
- Congratulations, you just took a screenshot!
Access your screenshots
Your screenshots are accessible in three ways. Via the notification bar, via your File manager or via the Google Photos app.
Right after you made the screenshot, the quickest way to access the screenshot is via the notification bar.
- From the top of your screen, swipe the top bar down.
- You can now view, share, edit or delete the screenshot.
You can always access your screenshots via your File Manager, even when the notification disappears from the top bar. To go to your screenshot with the File manager:
- Swipe up the All apps bar on your Home screen
- Tap the Files icon
- Tap Images
- Tap Screenshots to view, share, edit, move, copy or delete the screenshot.
You can always access your screenshots via the Google Photos app, even when the notification disappears from the top bar. To go to your screenshot with the Photos App:
- Open the Photos app:
- Either tap the preset App group Google on your Home screen
- Or find it under All Apps.
- Tap on the hamburger menu (three horizontal bars) at the top left corner of the Photos app
- Select Device folders
- Select Screenshots to view, share, edit, move, copy or delete the screenshot.