Place apps or widgets on the FP3 home screen
Do you want to have your favorite apps and widgets available one finger tap away? Then you are in the right place! We have all the instructions here to guide you to add, re-arrange, delete and uninstall your apps and widgets. The instructions to install (download) an app are in a separate support article.
Add an app
To add an app shortcut on the home screen of your FP3:
- Open the All Apps bar by swiping up from the bottom of the screen
- Find the app you want to add
- Tap and hold the app icon - a customization menu shows: you can ignore that
- Keep the pressure and drag the app icon to the desired panel and desired location on the panel
- Release your finger from the icon to place the shortcut in that spot.
Add a widget
To add a widget on the home screen of your FP3:
- Tap and hold an empty spot on any panel
- Tap the Widgets icon on the menu that shows
- Scroll until you find your widget
- Tap and hold the desired widget until a miniature version of your home screen panels appears
- Drag the icon to the desired panel and desired location on the panel
- Release your finger from the icon to place the widget at that spot.
Re-arrange the apps and widgets on your screen
That's easy! Tap and hold on the items to move them around. You can also group app shortcuts into folders by dropping them one on top of the other!
Remove an app shortcut or a widget
To remove a shortcut or a widget from your home panels:
- Hold and drag the icon with one finger
- Drag it to the option Remove that now show at the top of the screen
This removes the shortcut from your home panel and it does not delete the app permanently. Then you need to uninstall. You can still find it inside the All Apps bar.
Is it possible to remove the Google search bar widget?
The Google search bar widget is an integral part of the launcher installed by default on your Fairphone 3 and cannot be removed.
... and yes!
If you don't agree with our choice of launcher for your Fairphone 3, feel free to change it! Just browsing the internet you will find plenty of 3rd party launchers to choose the best Android launcher to suit your needs. Additionally, you could also seek help on the forum from our amazing community.
We cannot offer support for 3rd party launchers. In case you have replaced the default launcher with a different 3rd party launcher, you will have to contact directly the developer. Alternatively, you could reboot your FP3 in safe mode and revert to the original launcher by removing any 3rd party launchers.
Uninstall an app
To really uninstall an app from your phone:
- Hold and drag the icon with one finger. You can use both the icon of a shortcut on the home screen, or the icon from the All apps bar
- Drag it to the option Uninstall that now show at the top of the screen.
This will remove the application permanently.
You are now ready to customize your home screen in any way you see fit. Enjoy!