Fairphone 3 Bumpers, Back covers and Protective Cases
To enhance the longevity of your Fairphone 3, we designed extra features to make it as robust as possible. It comes with an integrated cover and we ship it with a protective bumper. Even with these protections - as with any electronic device -: keep it away from sand, dust, and moisture!
The Fairphone 3 is designed with an integrated Back cover that acts as a battery cover and connects to the Rear module to contain all the other modules.
To remove bumper and back cover, just follow the instructions in this video:
- Dark translucent cover
- Material: polycarbonate made with recycled plastics
- Specifications of Back cover and Rear module:
- Length: 158 mm
- Width: 71.8 mm
- Thickness: 9.89 mm
- Weight: 187.4g
- Material: TPU made from bio-based oil
- Specifications of the Bumper:
- Length: 161 mm
- Width: 74 mm
- Thickness: 12 mm
- Weight: 10 g.
The Fairphone 3 Protective case is made from a new line of bio-based thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU), from renewable-sourced material (37%). It provides the same performance and benefits as regular petroleum-based TPU, while reducing it's eco-footprint. Our product team chose this material for its great balance in material properties: the best look and feel, durability against wear & tear, protection of the phone with the highest biobased content while maintaining a fair price point.
Outstanding benefits of the material are:
- Superior abrasion, impact and puncture resistance
- Fungal resistance
- Very good chemical resistance
- Cold temperature flexibility
- UV resistance
This made it the ideal choice for our protective case, allowing for a slim, lightweight construction, designed for longevity.
- Material: safe and non-toxic TPU (plastic) from Lubrizol, which contains 37% of biomaterial: bio-based carbon content - No extra coating applied. Sustainable: (better than biodegradable)
- Packaging: FSC certified paper material - Printing ink based on soy.
- Length: 161.6 mm
- Width: 76mm
- Thickness: 12.98 mm
- Weight: 29.2 g
- 0.8mm height increase around the camera to minimize lens damage
- Inner rib structure to create an airbag effect to absorb 90% dropping impact
- TUV certified 1.2M – 1.8M dropping test based on UN38.3 standard
- Remains in shape and structure to protect the phone after extreme environmental impact test (-20 C/+55°C).
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive product updates.