Fairphone 3(+): Repair Price list and FAQ Cordon Repair Center
These prices are for repairs that are not covered by our warranty and performed by our Service Center.
- This price list is not comprehensive and shall be updated over time.
- The repair center is located in an EU country, so the prices are in Euro (€).
- We want to be sure that you are aware of the costs involved in a repair - including material, shipping, and handling costs - before you send in your Fairphone 3 for repair.
- To make an informed decision, read our Repair policy and the FAQ at the bottom of the page.
- The exact price of your repair depends on the technical diagnosis performed by our Service Center.
If our technicians decide that the warranty does not cover your service request, we will use the price list below to provide you with a quote. In your quote, there may be items that are not mentioned in this list yet.
- Execution of the manufacturer warranty does not imply a warranty extension. Repairs have a 3-month repair warranty for the issues present with the original repair. Each Fairphone 3 or 3+ product comes with a 24-month warranty. A new module does not extend the warranty of the smartphone device with which it is compatible.
Repair price list (indication)
|Description||Key components||Total (incl. VAT)|
|Assessment and labor costs for repairs without spare parts or NFF (No Fault Found)||Box, Fairphone||€ 34.80|
|Country of Delivery||Delivery cost (excl. VAT)||Total (incl. VAT)|
|France||€ 8.28||€ 9.94|
|Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg||€ 7.73||€ 9.28|
|Italy, Spain, Denmark, Ireland, Austria, Sweden, Finland, Portugal||€ 9.14||€ 10.97|
|United Kingdom||€ 15.14||€ 18.17|
|Estonia, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Poland||€ 16.41||€ 19.69|
|Switzerland||€ 34.28||€ 41.14|
|Norway||€ 22.97||€ 27.56|
|Description||Key components||Model||Material + repair
costs (excl. VAT)
|Core Module||Motherboard housing SoC Qualcomm Snapdragon 632, SIM cards slots, SD card slot||Fairphone 3(+)||€ 185.53||€ 222.64|
|Top Module||Receiver, headset connector, LED, ambient light and proximity sensor (ALS/PS), front camera, and noise-canceling microphone||Fairphone 3
|Camera Module||Rear camera and flash||Fairphone 3(+)||€ 69.83||€ 83.80|
|Bottom Module||Vibration motor, USB connector, and primary microphone||Fairphone 3(+)||€ 45.63||€ 54.75|
|Display Module||Full HD display with Gorilla® Glass 5||Fairphone 3(+)||€ 103.96||€ 124.75|
|Cover Module||Back cover with built-in protection||Fairphone 3(+)||€ 49.79||€ 59.75|
|Battery Module||Lithium-ion battery with a capacity of 3000 mAh and a voltage of 3.8V||Fairphone 3(+)||€ 53.96||€ 64.75|
|Rear module||Rear housing, NFC sensor, Fingerprint sensor, main antennas||Fairphone 3(+)||€ 49.75||€ 59.70|
|Speaker Module||Speaker||Fairphone 3(+)||€ 45.63||€ 54.75|
*This price list is not legally binding and is subject to change at any time. This price list refers only to single modules. For repairs of more than one module or only one component of a module, the price can vary due to material and labor costs.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
Q: How can I start a repair via you?
Contact our Customer Support so we can assess the issue, find out if your repair might be covered by the warranty and start a repair process for you.
Q: Can you provide me with a substitute phone while my phone is sent away?
We do not provide a substitute phone service. We recommend you use a spare phone during the repair period. Maybe your family, friends or colleagues have a spare one for you to use.
Q: Will my phone repair be in or out of warranty?
You can get a general idea of whether your repair is in or out of warranty by reading the Fairphone warranties. One of our technicians makes the final diagnosis upon arrival of your Fairphone at our Service Center. If your product is older than 2 years (for some countries the manufacturing warranty limit may be longer), the manufacturing warranty has expired. If there is user damage, this damage voids the manufacturing warranty for the whole product.
If the repair is not covered by the manufacturing warranty, you will receive a quote for the repair costs. You can either accept that quote by paying it or refuse the quotation. In that case, you have two options: have your product shipped back unrepaired (then you have to pay shipping, diagnosis, and handling costs) or abandon the product - then we will recycle it for you for free.
Q: Can I make a warranty-related claim if I bought an Fairphone 3(+) from another person?
If you can provide a proof of purchase (preferably delivery note with IMEI printed), you can claim warranty if:
- The original purchase was not longer than 2 years and there is no user damage. You can ask the second-hand seller for this.
- Or seller can mail us with proof of purchase and name of buyer so we have a registration of that in our system.
- Active warranty is linked to IMEI 1 of the original purchase.
Q: Isn’t it cheaper if I order the spare parts and repair the phone myself?
If you know what needs to be repaired, buying the parts yourself will save you some money.
However, if you do not really know what is wrong with your device and/or know how to fix it yourself, we recommend you send it to our service center. There, your Fairphone 3 will be properly tested, diagnosed, and repaired if approved by you.
Q: Where do I find your repair guide?
You can find our replacement tutorials and instructions in our support article on replacing modules or on our Youtube channel.
We advise you to repair your Fairphone by yourself only when you are sure the damage is not due to a manufacturing defect. Thus, your Fairphone is out of warranty. If you have doubts about this, contact us before you purchase a new component.
Q: Only a small part was damaged, so why is my repair so expensive?
In general - no matter how small or affordable the part - the total service costs are primarily related to the labor required to complete the repair successfully.
Q: How do I send my phone for repair?
Contact us through the request page to initiate a service request - choose I experience a problem/My product is broken.
Do not send your phone without RMA or to our offices.
We can not accept any parcels without RMA and your shipment is not insured either. We do not have the equipment, expertise, and logistics available at our offices to carry out a repair. Also, our offices are located in another country as our Repair center. We shall return your parcel to you so you can start a proper repair procedure with us.
Q: Can you give me an overview of the service process from start to finish?
If you need a repair, here’s how it works:
- Contact us through the request page - choose I experience a problem/My product is broken.
- Customer support will send you instructions to pre-diagnose your Fairphone and assess the need to send it to the repair center.
- If needed, we will send you the instructions to create a repair request on our repair platform. This platform is not accessible via mobile phone.
- When we approve your repair request, you receive your RMA number, shipping label, and shipping instructions to send the device to the repair center.
- Send your phone to our office.
- Send your phone without RMA.
- Send your phone with your SIM card(s) and SD cards or other accessories without making a backup. To respect the GDPR law, we will delete all your personal data.
- At our Service Center, the technicians will diagnose your Fairphone.
- If the service is covered under warranty, your Fairphone will be repaired and sent back without contacting you. We will update the software to the latest version and will delete any data stored on your device.
- In case of an out-of-warranty diagnose, we will contact you with a quote and description of the work required to repair your Fairphone. If you accept this, you can pay the quotation. As soon as we receive your payment, the actual repairs will begin. We will update the software to the latest version and will delete any data stored on your device.
- In case of an out-of-warranty diagnose and you do not wish to proceed with the repair, you have to indicate you will abandon your device so we can recycle your device free of charge. In case you do not respond to our quotation or support ticket in time (within a month), this will be default. Note that in this case, step 6 and 7 do not apply.
- In case of an out-of-warranty diagnose and you do not wish to proceed with the repair, but want to have your phone back, you can indicate this too. We will invoice you € 15,- or € 19,- (depending on your location) for Assessment, shipping & handling costs. Note that in this case, step 6 will not apply.
- Final testing is performed on the repaired device.
- The Fairphone is sent back to you!
If after reading the article you need more help, contact our Customer Support.