Install Fairphone OS on Fairphone 3 using macOS
First, read and complete all the steps from the article Install Fairphone OS for Fairphone 3 using a computer.
- Once your Fairphone 3 is in Fastboot mode, connect it to your computer using a USB-C certified data cable.
- Locate the archive in Downloads.
• Open Chrome Browser.
- Press simultaneously the keys "Alt ⌥ (option) + Cmd ⌘ + L". A new tab called "Downloads" will open.
- Look for the last download, the name starts with "FP3-...". Click on the writing "Show in Finder".
A new instance of Finder will open.
- Open (Double-click) the archive you downloaded, the name starts with "FP3-...". The files will extract in a folder with the same name. Wait for it to be completed.
- Once done, press simultaneously the “Cmd ⌘ + Space” keys. "Spotlight Search" will open.
- Write "Terminal.app", then press the "Enter ↩" key.
- In the Terminal window, type "cd " then press space.
- Drag the folder extracted previously inside the terminal window, and press the "Enter ↩" key.
- In the same Terminal window, type "./FP3_flashall.bin" and press the "Enter ↩" key.
The script will now run for a couple of minutes like in the following picture.
Once done, you will see the following picture.
Your Fairphone 3 will reboot, finishing the system update for a few minutes.
- All done! You can now safely unplug the Fairphone 3 from your computer. Your phone is now up to date.
If you’re unable to complete the process described above, please contact our support team.