Install Fairphone OS on Fairphone 3 using Windows
Windows 10 (recommended)
First, complete all the steps from the article Install Fairphone OS for Fairphone 3 using a computer.
- Connect the Fairphone 3 (in Fastboot mode) to your computer using a USB-C certified data cable.
• If Fairphone 3 does not connect, try installing the latest Google USB driver.
For instructions you can click here.
- Locate the archive in Downloads.
• Using Chrome Browser.
- Press simultaneously the keys "Ctrl + J". A new tab called "Downloads" will open.
- Look for the last download, the name starts with "FP3-...". Click on the text "Show in folder".
A new Windows Explorer instance will open.
- Extract the archive.
• Using Super Zip.
- Double-click on the archive you downloaded, the name starts with "FP3-...".
- Click on the "Extract" button to extract the file. Wait for the operation to be completed. A new Windows Explorer instance will open.
- Double-click on the folder that just appeared, the name starts with "FP3-...", to enter it.
- Once you are inside the folder, locate the file "FP3_FlashAll.exe" and double-click on it.
• If a warning from User Account Control pops up, click on "Yes"
- Make the selection if you want to Erase user data (type "1") or Keep user data (type "2").
- Be aware -
Selecting "1", all data will be lost!
Without a backup, it will be not possible to restore them.
- Press the "Enter ↩" key.
The script will now run for a couple of minutes like in the following picture.
Once done, you will see the following picture.
Your Fairphone 3 will reboot, finishing the system update for a few minutes.
- All done! You can now safely unplug the Fairphone 3 from your computer. Your phone is now up to date.
If you’re unable to complete the process described above, please contact our support team.