Set up e-mail on your FP3/FP3+
To have quick access to your emails, you can set up your e-mail on your Fairphone 3/Fairphone 3+ (FP3/FP3+). Apart from default Gmail, there are two methods to have access to all your emails.
When you set up an account with Google, you automatically have a Gmail address. During the setup of the FP3, you log in to your Google account. Once the account is enabled on your FP3/FP3+, you also have access to your Gmail account. To access Gmail:
- On the Home page, tap on the Google app group
- Tap the Gmail icon
- Follow the setup guidelines. You can even add other email addresses.
- You can also add the other email addresses at a later time. Tap on the Settings (hamburger menu on the top left) once the app is open. Scroll all the way down, tap on Settings, tap on Add account.
If you prefer a different app, you will have to download it from the Play Store first (the only e-mail app pre-loaded on the FP3 is Gmail). Once done, follow the instruction of the app to complete the setup.
Generally, it will be something like:
- Tap the app icon
- Log in with your mail account
- Adjust the settings to your preference.
You can also set up your e-mail account via the System Settings.
To do this:
- Swipe up the All apps bar on your Home screen
- Tap the Settings icon
- Scroll down to Accounts and tap it
- Scroll all the way down and tap + Add account
- Select which account you want to add: Personal (IMAP) or Personal (POP3), depending on the email account
- Follow the setup instructions. Enter your Username and Password
- Then, fill in the rest of the requested information according to your provider. Depending on your provider settings, Android might be able to automatically pull the information for you once you enter your full email address. In case this doesn't happen, or the e-mail doesn't work with the automatic configuration, you will have to get the correct parameters from your e-mail provider and enter them manually. Contact your email provider if you have any doubts about the settings.