Bumpers, Back covers and Protective Cases FP3/FP3+
To enhance the longevity of your Fairphone 3/Fairphone 3+ (FP3/FP3+), we designed extra features to make it as robust as possible. It comes with an integrated cover.
The Fairphone 3 ships with a protective bumper. The Fairphone 3+ does not need one. We do have Protective Cases in our accessory line in case you like extra protection for your FP3(+).
As with any electronic device, keep it away from sand, dust, and moisture!
FP3 Back cover
The Fairphone 3 is designed with an integrated Back cover that acts as a battery cover and connects to the Rear module to contain all the other modules. In case you need to replace it, you can find a new one in the Spare parts section of our online shop.
To remove the bumper and the back cover, just follow the instructions in this video:
- Dark translucent cover for FP3, Black for FP3+
- Material: polycarbonate made with recycled plastics
- Specifications of Back cover and Rear module:
- Length: 158 mm
- Width: 71.8 mm
- Thickness: 9.89 mm
- Weight: 187.4 g
The Fairphone 3 ships with a protective Bumper in the box. This was decided in order to give you extra protection from falls and scratches while we were busy developing a fairer product (the Protective Case). The bumper is not available in our store.
If you want extra protection for your Fairphone 3+, we recommend to purchase a Protective Case.
- Material: TPU made from bio-based oil
- Specifications of the Bumper:
- Length: 161 mm
- Width: 74 mm
- Thickness: 12 mm
- Weight: 10 g
In our effort to increase the sustainability of our products, the bumper is excluded in the package of FP3+.
FP3/FP3+ Protective case
The FP3/FP3+ Protective case is made from a new line of bio-based thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU), from renewable-sourced material (37%). It provides the same performance and benefits as regular petroleum-based TPU while reducing it's eco-footprint. Our product team chose this material for its great balance in material properties: the best look and feel, durability against wear & tear, protection of the phone with the highest biobased content while maintaining a fair price point
Outstanding benefits of the material are:
- Superior abrasion, impact and puncture resistance
- Fungal resistance
- Very good chemical resistance
- Cold temperature flexibility
- UV resistance
This made it the ideal choice for our protective case, allowing for a slim, lightweight construction, designed for longevity
- Black and Green: non-toxic TPU (plastic) from Lubrizol, which contains 37% of biomaterial: bio-based carbon content - No extra coating applied. Sustainable: (better than biodegradable)
- Blue: Non-toxic TPU (plastic) 100% pre-consumer recycled material (so recycled from industry plastics, not plastics of end-users).
- Packaging: FSC certified paper material - Printing ink based on soy
- Length: 161.6 mm
- Width: 76mm
- Thickness: 12.98 mm
- Weight: 29.2 g
- 0.8mm height increase around the camera to minimize lens damage
- Inner rib structure to create an airbag effect to absorb 90% dropping impact
- TUV certified 1.2M – 1.8M dropping test based on UN38.3 standard
- Remains in shape and structure to protect the phone after extreme environmental impact test (-20 C/+55°C)
- Pantone color code of the Blue case: Pantone 2995U.
We decided to limit the preparation and coating to diminish the amount of waste and hazardous materials involved in producing the covers, which means that they are more prone to get dirty.
You can easily clean your Protective cover with the kind of cloth used to clean glasses. If you separate it from the phone, you can clean it with baby wipes, a microfibre cloth with soft soap, or address persistent stains with a pencil eraser.
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive product updates.