FP3(+). Setup Wi-Fi connection & Hotspot
To set up a Wi-Fi connection in your Fairphone 3(+) (FP3(+)), follow the next steps:
- Open the pull-down menu and make sure your Wi-Fi is on: the icon should be green.
- Press and hold the icon to open the Wi-Fi settings.
- Choose a network connection from the list
- If the network is password-protected, a pop-up will ask you to enter the password.
- If you do not know the password, you will need to ask the network administrator.
- If you receive an Authentication error, you may have entered the wrong password or it may have changed recently.
- Select the network and push the button Forget to start anew.
- Restart your modem/router and try to reconnect with the correct password.
- If the issue persists, Select the network and open Advanced options to set up or edit (click on the pencil icon) your Proxy Settings, IP Settings, Gateway, or DNS server.
Want to set up a Wi-Fi hotspot?
Go to Settings → Networks & internet → Hotspot & tethering → Wi-Fi Hotspot and then toggle the switch to On.
You might have to set up a Hotspot name and a Hotspot password. If you want to prevent the Wi-Fi Hotspot to turn off automatically, tap on Advanced and disable Turn off hotspot automatically.
To know more about data-transfer, please read our here.
If after reading the article you need more help, get in touch with our Customer Support.