FP3(+). Install Fairphone OS offline
To update your Fairphone 3/Fairphone 3+ (FP3/FP3+) always use the regular procedure
If you encounter an issue, you can try to follow this article to perform a manual update installation of Fairphone OS on FP3/FP3+ using a computer
This article will also help you to revert to Fairphone OS if you installed a different Operative System (OS)
- Before you start with any procedure, make a backup of your personal data. If you do not, you might lose your personal files like photos, music, contacts, etc.
- Unlock the bootloader of your FP3/FP3+. Those instructions cover Fairphone OS. If you have installed a different OS on your Fairphone, the instructions might be slightly different. In this case, you will have to look for the instructions yourself
- Remove SIM cards and SD cards before you proceed. When you have completed the procedure, you can insert them again
- Download Fairphone OS (Android 10) onto your computer.
- If possible, check your current build number to ensure that it is equal or lower than the Fairphone OS provided here
Read this article to know how to check your version.
- IMPORTANT -
- If your Fairphone OS version is higher than the one provided, you might lose all data. To boot your device you might be forced to wipe the user data partition. To avoid it, make a backup of your personal data
- Instructions will be given using the Chrome Browser
You can use any browser, but some steps will be different
- Access to a computer
- USB-C certified data cable
- Your Fairphone 3
- Complete the preliminary steps above!
- Charge completely your Fairphone above 80%
- Turn off your FP3/FP3+
- Boot your device into Fastboot mode.
Press and hold the volume down button followed by the power button (up to five seconds)
The device will display "Fast Boot Mode" for two seconds, then it will show the following screen:
- Check that the red line at the bottom states the message:
DEVICE STATE - Unlocked
- You can now release all the buttons.
Depending on which computer you are using you will have to follow a different procedure. To proceed, select below which computer you are using.