Install Fairphone OS on FP3/FP3+ (Windows)
First, complete all the steps from the article Manually install Fairphone OS on FP3/FP3+
Microsoft Windows 10
- Connect the Fairphone 3 (in Fastboot mode) to your computer using a USB-C certified data cable
• If Fairphone 3 does not connect, try installing the latest Google USB driver (ZIP) (click on the link and select "Save link as..." and click the "SAVE" button). To read the instructions, you can click here
- Locate the archive you downloaded in the previous step, (usually in the Downloads folder)
• Using Chrome Browser
- Press simultaneously the keys "Ctrl + J". A new tab called "Downloads" will open
- Look for the last download, the name starts with "FP3-...". Click on the text "Show in folder"
A new Windows Explorer instance will open
- Extract the archive
• Using Super Zip
- Double-click on the archive you downloaded, the name starts with "FP3-..."
- Click on the "Extract" button to extract the file. Wait for the operation to be completed. A new Windows Explorer instance will open
- Double-click on the folder that just appeared, the name starts with "FP3-...", to enter it
- Once you are inside the folder, locate the file "FP3_FlashAll.exe" and double-click on it
• If a warning from User Account Control pops up, click on "Yes"
- Type "1" if you want to Erase user data or type "2" if you want to Keep user data
- IMPORTANT -
If you just unlocked your bootloader, your personal data has just been deleted, so whatever option you choose, it will make no difference
- Press the "Enter ↩" key
The script will now run for a couple of minutes like in the following picture
Once done, you will see the following picture
- IMPORTANT -
It can take up to 15 min. Do NOT interrupt the process, it might damage the device!
- Done, your phone is now up to date. Your phone will now reboot, finishing the system update for a few minutes. You can now safely unplug your FP3/FP3+ from your computer
- Once done, for safety reasons, we strongly advise you to lock again your bootloader. To do so, visit the article Manage the bootloader of your FP3/FP3+ and follow the instructions starting from point 4. Lock your bootloader