Install Fairphone OS on FP3/FP3+ (macOS)
First, complete all the steps from the article Manually install Fairphone OS on FP3/FP3+
Apple macOS X 10.1x
- Once your Fairphone 3 is in Fastboot mode, connect it to your computer using a USB-C certified data cable
- Locate the archive you downloaded in the previous step, (usually in the Downloads folder)
• Open Chrome Browser
- Press simultaneously the keys "Alt ⌥ (option) + Cmd ⌘ + L". A new tab called "Downloads" will open
- Look for the last download, the name starts with "FP3-...". Click on the writing "Show in Finder"
A new instance of Finder will open
- Open (Double-click) the archive you downloaded, the name starts with "FP3-...". The files will extract in a folder with the same name. Wait for it to be completed
- Once done, press simultaneously the “Cmd ⌘ + Space” keys. "Spotlight Search" will open
- Write "Terminal.app", then press the "Enter ↩" key
- In the Terminal window, type "cd " then press space
- Drag the folder extracted previously inside the terminal window, and press the "Enter ↩" key
- Type "./FP3_flashall.bin" (alternatively try "./FP3_flashall_mac.bin") and press the "Enter ↩" key
If a similar error message appears:
- Click on "Cancel"
- Go to the Apple menu (top left corner of the screen) →System preferences...
- Click on the icon Security & Privacy
- Click on the General tab
- Click on Allow Anyway
- Now, go back to your Terminal window
- Type "./FP3_flashall.bin" and press the "Enter ↩" key
The script will now run for a couple of minutes like in the following picture
Once done, you will see the following picture
- IMPORTANT -
It can take up to 15 min. Do NOT interrupt the process, it might damage the device!
- Done, your phone is now up to date. Your phone will now reboot, finishing the system update for a few minutes. You can now safely unplug your FP3/FP3+ from your computer
- Once done, for safety reasons, we strongly advise you to lock again your bootloader. To do so, visit the article Manage the bootloader of your FP3/FP3+ and follow the instructions starting from point 4. Lock your bootloader