Managing apps on the FP3/FP3+
There are thousands of apps you can download to use with your Fairphone 3/Fairphone3+ (FP3/FP3+). You can easily install them via the pre-installed Google Play Store.
Install an app
To download and install a new app:
- Slide the All apps bar up
- Locate the app called Play Store and tap on it. You can also search for it typing the name in the search bar
- If you used the Play Store before, you are probably already logged in to your Google account. Otherwise, you will have to provide a username and password when requested or create your Google account
- Type the name of the app in the search bar at the top
- Tap on the app you want to download
- If it is a free app, you can simply tap the green Install button. The app will start installing
- If you have to pay for the app, you will need to add a payment option to your account. Instead of the Install button, you will see the price of the app. If you are happy to pay, tap on the price button. You will now see an overview of the payment method. Tap on the green Buy button to purchase the app.
- If you need more help, tap on the following link to open the Google support page: Find & download apps
- Once installed, the app will show on your Home screen. You can move it to a place or group of your choice
Uninstall an app
To uninstall an app from your phone:
- Tap and hold the app you want to remove, and drag it with one finger on the top of the screen. On the right side, a small picture of a Rubbish Bin with the writing Uninstall will appear.
- Drag the app on top of the Uninstall writhing and lift your finger from the screen to delete the app
This will remove the application permanently. To install it again, you will have to look for it again in the Play Store, as mentioned before