FP3(+). How to answer a call
The moment you have inserted an active SIM card in your Fairphone 3/Fairphone 3+ (FP3(+)), you can call and be called by anyone who has your phone number.
When you receive a phone call, and your screen is inactive, a button showing a green phone inside a white balloon icon will appear on the screen.
To answer an incoming call:
- drag the green phone icon towards the top of the screen.
To reject an incoming call:
- drag the green phone icon towards the bottom of the screen. The icon will turn red.
- The caller will be forwarded to your voicemail if you enabled this.
To reject an incoming call sending a Reply message to the caller:
- Tap on the blue text balloon icon with the text Reply.
- Choose one of the options that appear to send as a text message (SMS) to the caller.
When you get an incoming call when your screen is active:
- Tap on the right green box to ANSWER.
- Tap on the left red box with to DECLINE.
Not able to make or receive calls? In some previous software versions, this was a default setting for some SIM cards. Check the settings of your Network & internet:
Go to Settings → Network & internet → SIM card → Advanced and check if No calls is enabled by default due to Battery saving. If this is the case, enable it and update your FP3(+) to the latest software version.
Someone is calling you but you do not see any information on the screen?
Another issue that could happen is that your FP3(+) is not showing the call notification.
This is usually due to a software setting that you, or 3rd party app, might have inadvertently modified.
To solve this, follow the below steps:
- Go to Settings → Apps & Notifications.
- Find the Phone app (or any other custom dialer you installed from the Play store).
- Tap on Notifications and swipe the toggle to On.
- Ask someone to call you to see if this fixed your issue.
Additionally, make sure you enabled the incoming calls option by following the next steps:
- Go the Phone app.
- Click on the three dots.
- Tap on Settings → Calling account.
- Enable the option "Receive incoming calls".
If this does not work, please perform the following:
- Long press the icon of the Phone app → tap on Storage → tap on CLEAR STORAGE.
If after reading the article you need more help, get in touch with our Customer Support.