How to answer a call on your FP3/FP3+
The moment you have inserted an active SIM card in your Fairphone 3/Fairphone 3+ (FP3/FP3+), you can be called by anyone who has knows the phone number
When you receive a phone call, and your screen is inactive, a button showing a green phone inside a white balloon icon will appear on the screen
- drag the green phone icon towards the top of the screen
To reject an incoming call
- drag the green phone icon towards the bottom of the screen. The icon will turn red
- If your voice mail is enabled, the caller will be forwarded to it
To reject an incoming call sending a Reply message to the caller:
- Tap on the blue text balloon icon with the text Reply
- Choose one of the options that appear to send as a text message (SMS) to the caller
When you get an incoming call when your screen is active:
- Tap on the right green box to ANSWER
- Tap on the left red box with to DECLINE
Not able to make or receive calls? In some previous software versions, this was a default setting for some SIM cards. Check the settings of your Network & internet:
Go to Settings → Network & internet → SIM card → Advanced and check if No calls is enabled by default due to Battery saving. If this is the case, enable it and update your FP3/FP3+ to the latest software version
No calls notification
Someone is calling you but you do not see any information on the screen?
Another issue that could happen is that your FP3/FP3+ is not showing the call notification.
This is usually due to a software setting that you, or 3rd party app, might have inadvertently modified
To solve this, follow the below steps:
- Go to Settings → Apps & Notifications
- Find the Phone app (or any other custom dialer you installed from the Play store).
- Tap on Notifications and swipe the toggle to On
- Ask someone to call you to see if this fixed your issue
Additionally, make sure you enabled the incoming calls option by following the next steps:
- Go the Phone app
- Click on the three dots
- Tap on Settings → Calling account
- Enable the option "Receive incoming calls"
If this does not work, please perform the following:
- Long press the icon of the Phone app → tap on Storage → tap on CLEAR STORAGE