FP4. Quick Start manual
Our Fairphone 4 (FP4) Quick-Start manual helps you set up and run your Fairphone 4 in no time. We included the essential functions of our operating system, based on AndroidTM. You can find a printed version in the original box of your Fairphone 4.
Next to that, the original Fairphone 4 box will also contain a Health & Safety guide with recommendations and instructions for safe and healthy use of your device.
You can download both in PDF format at the bottom of the page.
Some general recommendations before you start:
- Charge your new phone (and if you need to migrate data from an old phone: have that phone charged too). Especially if delivery took a while or you did not use it immediately, allow at least an hour for the battery to charge properly.
- Connect to a stable Wi-Fi network.
- Make sure you have a personal Google Account. If you don't, you will need to create your own Google account (Google business or school account will not work).
- We recommend to use a new SIM card for each new phone. This might also be a good moment to switch from a physical SIM card to an eSIM. Both options will prevent SIM card issues. Contact your provider to get a new SIM card within your current contract and with the same phone number. They can also help you transfer your SIM card contacts, or you can import the contacts to your Google account so you always have a backup.
For a quick introduction on how to start using your Fairphone 4, please have a look at our video tutorial:
If you need extra guidance, want to dig into the technical details, or read up on the sustainability, we invite you to:
- Watch our video tutorials.
- Read our support articles.
- Use the troubleshooter.
- Explore our legal documents (T&C, warranty) in our legal hub - some are also available in:
- Consult the Android Help center.
- Reach out to other Fairphone users via the community forum.
- Browse our blog.
- Read our Impact report.
- Contact our friendly Customer Support team!
If you do not have the paper Quick Start manual anymore, or the Health & Safety leaflet, you can download it as a PDF file below.