FP4. Charge your phone
Fairphone 4 (FP4) does NOT come with a USB-C charger and cable included in the box.
Fairphone was one of the first smartphone companies to not include chargers and cables in the package to actively reduce e-waste. Learn more here.
There is a good chance you already have a USB-C charger and USB to USB-C cable at home (USB-C chargers were adopted by the IEC as a standard back in 2016).
Before you buy any new electronic products, please try using the ones you already have. First, make sure your charging equipment is compatible - see the charging specifications below.
If you have trouble charging your device, we recommend testing with at least three compatible chargers and cables.
- Fairphone 4 does not support wireless charging and does not have a LED charging indicator.
- Your Fairphone will indicate on the lock screen if it is slow charging or fast charging.
- Fairphone 4 can be charged with the USB-C chargers we sell currently in our online shop, not with older models (that have USB-B).
If you're unsure if a cable is USB-C, check if it has the port shown on the picture below:
Chargers & cables
To charge your Fairphone 4, make sure the cable and charger match the specifications listed in the next section and you should be good to go!
If you are not sure, we encourage you to ask your family or friends if they have a spare one that is compatible.
However, if you need to buy charging equipment, you can find certified cables and chargers in our online shop.
It is not possible for us to list all compatible chargers. As a small company, a lot of our efforts go into testing to make sure you have a great working Fairphone. We do not have the resources to test and research every 3rd party product and app at this moment in time.
Charger and cable specifications
Fairphone 4 uses a Qualcomm processor SoC. It supports Qualcomm's QuickCharge protocol, version 4+ (and all prior).
Your Fairphone 4 will charge with any charger from Qualcomm’s official list. Other equipment that is not listed might be compatible too. Simply check if your charger and cable comply with the following specifications.
Specifications for slow charge
- 5 volts (5V)
- The minimum current should be 1 ampere (1A, 1000mA).
Specifications for quick charge
- Maximum output of 4 amperes (4A, 4000mA). Note: the cable must also support 4A to charge at total capacity.
- Qualcomm Quick Charge processor compatible, version QC 4 or 4+.
- The cable must come from a USB-certified brand (if your product has no brand, it is NOT certified).
Charging equipment not included with the phone
If you want to know more about why we don't include charging equipment with the Fairphone 4, please watch our 1st episode of Ask the experts:
What to do if you experience problems with charging
- Double-check the above specifications to make sure your charger is compatible. For example, Supercharge USB-C cables and Apple chargers are NOT compatible with the Fairphone 4.
- Try at least three different and compatible USB cables and chargers (power plugs).
- Consult our Troubleshooter.
- Go to the community forum to find out what is working well for other Fairphone 4 owners.
If after reading the article you need more help, get in touch with our Customer Support.