FP4. Connect to Mobile data
Fairphone 4 5G (FP4) supports the newest 5G cellular networks (along with 2G, 3G, and 4G).
Usually, your mobile data connection works as soon as you insert your SIM card or eSIM (click on the link to open the related setup article).
The Fairphone 4 has a Dual SIM functionality: you can insert one nano-SIM card in the SIM slot and/or activate an eSIM call/data plan via software settings.
- A SIM card (or eSIM) with data credit or a valid contract with a data plan.
- You are in an area that has 5G, 4G, or 3G network coverage.
- The SIM card is in good condition and not older than a year.
- Your Fairphone connects to the right network for your provider.
Enable Mobile data
Make sure to enable the Mobile data:
- Go to Settings → Network & Internet → Mobile network → tap on the name of your provider/SIM card → at Mobile data switch the toggle to On.
- Alternatively, you can use the Quick settings menu to enable or disable your mobile data.
- Swipe down, twice, with a finger from the top of the screen. You will open the pull-down Quick settings menu.
- Locate the Mobile data icon (it shows two arrows ↑↓) and make sure to enable it. The Quick settings menu might have several pages and swipe right to see more icons.
If you still have issues connecting to mobile data, please check out our article about troubleshooting mobile data connections.
If after reading the article you need more help, get in touch with our Customer Support.