FP4. IMEI & Serial numbers of your Fairphone and spare parts
To help you we might need the IMEI number of your device or the serial numbers of the separate spare parts.
Each Fairphone 4 spare part is identified by a unique identifier composed of a combination of letters and numbers. These unique identifiers allow us to track the spare parts down to the day they have been manufactured.
Note that the following letters are not used: 'i', 'o', 'u', and 'y'. This prevents the reader to misread the digits '0' and '1'.
The Spare Parts
Full Phone or Core Module
Every Fairphone 4 (FP4), specifically the core module, is defined by two UID (unique identifiers).
The IMEI 1 and the Serial number.
Fairphone 4 supports two SIM cards. Each SIM module has been assigned an IMEI for identification, and therefore it has two IMEI numbers.
The device is identified by the IMEI 1. The IMEI number is composed of 15 digits (no letters!) and starts with "35............" :
You can find the IMEI 1:
- via the phone software (see Working phone)
- printed on a sticker placed on the original shipping box
- printed on a sticker placed in the phone once removed the battery ((see Non-working phone)
- on your invoice or delivery note.
The quickest way to find the IMEI1 of a working phone is the following:
- Dial *#06# in the Phone app, as you would dial a phone number.
- Go to Settings → About phone → scroll down to IMEI (SIM slot 1)
If the display stays black or the phone doesn't work anymore, you can look inside the phone instead.
- Take off the battery cover
- Take out the battery module
- The white sticker with the IMEI1 is on the left side of the battery housing, under the camera.
The serial number has 12 characters and is a combination of letters and numbers.
Note that the letters 'i', 'o', 'u', and 'y' are not used to avoid misreadings.
To find the 8-symbol serial number.
- Dial *#06#* in the Phone app, as you would dial a phone number.
- Go to Settings → About phone → scroll down to Model & Hardware → Serial number.
The unique identifier of the Display Module is located on the back of the module, printed next to a QR-code. To remove the Display Module of your device, please consult these instructions.