FP4. Connect to a Wi-Fi
You can use Wi-Fi for a wireless connection with other devices and networks. This way, you can transfer data, such as listening to streaming music, making video calls, working online or sharing pictures.
To set up a Wi-Fi connection in your Fairphone 4 (FP4), you will have to open the Wi-Fi settings. To open the Wi-Fi settings:
- From the bottom of the screen, swipe up for all apps.
- Tap on the Settings icon.
- Tap on Network & Internet.
- Tap on Wi-Fi.
- Make sure to enable Use Wi-Fi. Tap on the toggle button on the top left side of the screen if the Wi-Fi is disabled. The color is green when enabled.
Now you can connect manually to your preferred Wi-Fi network. Or, when available, you can use a QR code.
- Choose your preferred network connection from the list. Tap on the network name to connect.
- If the network is password-protected, you will need to type the password in the pop-up. Please tap on the Show password checkbox to make sure you're typing it correctly.
- Tap on the CONNECT text located in the lower right part of your screen.
Connect via QR code
- Scroll down to the end of the list of available Wi-Fi Networks.
- On the last line of the list, you will see + Add Network with a QR code icon next to it.
- Now tap on that QR code icon on the right side of the screen to open the QR code scanner.
- Scan the QR code of your Wi-Fi network of choice.
Connect via Shortcut
There is also a faster way to access the Wi-Fi settings:
- Swipe down twice, with one finger, from the top of the screen. You will open the pull-down Quick settings menu.
- Press and hold the Wi-Fi icon.
If after reading the article you need more help, get in touch with our Customer Support.